So you're using Adobe Acrobat Reader, and...
- You're trying to view a PDF document;
- You're trying to delete a PDF page;
- The document could not be saved: "A number is out of range while viewing PDF or deleting pages from a PDF";
By the end of this article, you'll know how to fix this error and easily view & delete PDF pages. Let's get at it!
How to save a PDF when a number is out of range
The quickest (and free) way to fix a PDF with numbers out of range is to upload it to SignHouse's PDF repair tool, wait 10 seconds, and download the working file. If that doesn't work, you can use Adobe Acrobat Distiller, but that's going to be longer.
To use SignHouse's PDF repairing software:
- Upload the document (drag & drop below);
- Click the button to repair the broken file;
- Wait 10 seconds & Download it.
That's how you fix a broken PDF and get rid of the "A number is out of range" error.
How to save a PDF when a number is out of range — Adobe's way
The "A number is out of range" error is encountered because Acrobat Reader misses data about a PDF. To fix it, you can either ask the PDF's owner for a new copy or use Acrobat Distiller to convert the PostScript file into a new PDF.
We get it — things may sound a bit complicated, but we're here to make it all clear:
- Open your file in Adobe Acrobat Reader;
- Go to "File", and then "Export To";
- Select "PostScript";
- Rename the file that you're going to download;
- Open the file you've just downloaded (with Acrobat);
- Acrobat will convert the file to PDF for you and save it in the same folder as the PostScript file;
- Notice the new PDF in the folder — it can now be used.
If your document could not be saved a number is out of range, now it should work.
You've now reached the end of the post. Thank you for stopping by!
Can I save a PDF when a number is out of range?
Yes, you can. To do so, you can either use SignHouse's PDF repairing feature in just one click, or you can attempt repairing it with Adobe's Acrobat Distiller tool.
How to fix a PDF Acrobat saying " Document cannot be saved. A number is out of range."?
To fix a document saying that a number is out of range, you can:
- Drag & Drop the file to SignHouse and repair it in just one click;
- Use Adobe Acrobat Distiller to generate a new copy of the file that'll repair it.
PDF Won't Open. How can I fix it?
If your PDF file is not opening, it's most likely because you don't have a PDF reader. You can either use SignHouse's Free PDF Editing Tool, or you can download an app like Adobe Acrobat Reader (which is going to cost).