Instacart interesting Facts (Top Stats)
- You can shop for half a million products from over 65,000 stores through Instacart.
- Most households in the US and Canada have access to Instacart—85% and 70%, respectively.
- Instacart has over 10 million users.
- The Instacart app got 4.4 million downloads in March and April 2020 alone.
- 27% of US online shoppers use Instacart.
- Instacart hit $1.8 billion in revenue in 2021.
- In Q1 2022, Instacart reported that sales fell 4% YoY.
- Instacart has an estimated 600,000+ shoppers (people who pick up items from stores for customers.)
- In April 2020, Instacart earned $10 million in profit – the first profitable month the company had ever recorded.
- Instacart sold $35 billion worth of groceries in 2020.
- Instacart is valued at $39 billion as of March 2021.
Instacart Overview (About)
Instacart, the grocery delivery company has an awesome history. Join us, and let's together have a look at the past of Instacart as a company!
In 2022, Instacart's valuation declined by roughly 40%, from USD39 billion to USD24 billion.
The highest that Instacart was ever worth was of $39 billion.
In 2021, Instacart increased its revenue by 20%, amounting to $1.8 billion.
Note how every new year at Instacart means new revenue. In fact, with each new year, there are more millions coming in.
How many orders does Instacart get?
Approximately 767,000 consumers order from Instacart every day.
It's impressive to think that with every second going by, there are 9 new orders on Instacart. As you read this, 9 new orders take place with each new second!
According to a report from the information, Instacart made USD5 million in profit as of 2020, a swift turnaround following its enormous USD300 million loss in 2019.
What is Instacart's Gross Merchandises Value(GMV)?
Instacart's gross merchandise value is expected to reach a high of $27.33 billion by 2025.
Instacart has raised a total of $2.9B in funding over 19 rounds. Their latest funding was raised on Nov 1, 2021, from a Venture - Series Unknown round.