So you're here because:
- You have a PDF document;
- But you need to make it smaller;
- And you don't (yet) know how to do it;
On this page, you're going to just find the answer to making a PDF smaller, but you're also going to compress your PDF.
We've embedded our PDF compressor here for your accessibility.
Now, let's get at it!
How to make a PDF smaller for free
To make a PDF smaller for emailing and other purposes, you need to upload it in the box below, select the compression setting and download it. No need to pay!
- Put your PDF in the box below;
- Select a compression setting;
- Wait ~10 seconds & Download it.
Our software can help you make a PDF smaller and adjust it for all of your needs. For instance, you can compress a PDF for email attachments.
In this size changer, you can choose any the three available presets.
We've tried making each compression setting as clear as possible:
- Basic - Keeps your PDF at a higher size, but also at high quality;
- Recommended - Mixes good quality and lower file size;
- Extreme - Lowest quality, but also smallest size.
Can I make a PDF smaller on Mac?
Making a PDF smaller using your Mac computer works like so: Upload the PDF, adjust the settings, wait 10 seconds and download the smaller PDF.
As you can see, the same process is followed.
What happens to my PDF?
When compressing your PDF, nothing happens besides making its final file size smaller so you can use it better.
In fact, here's what's going on behind the couratins:
- A. We can your PDF file for any extra information that occupies space;
- B. And we delete it only if it won't hurt your or your user's experience.
Study Case: Pretty much every PDF that isn't compressed has data that repeats itself. That's exactly what we're looking to delete in order to save up space.
This is some key data that remains unchanged when making your PDF smaller:
- Page settings;
We'll take care of the extra information from the PDF to make it smaller.
How do I compress a PDF to 25KB?
If you want to compress your PDF anywhere between 20-25KB, go through this process:
- Upload the PDF to our file compressor;
- Insert the value (e.g. 25kB);
- Wait 10 seconds & Download the new file.
What do I do after I resize my PDF?
The possibilities are endless, so to speak.
We offer a suite of PDF-editing tools that work to the same level of efficiency, simplicity and speed — you can delete pages, split PDFs, merge PDFs and so much more.
In our dashboard (but also on our website), you can browse through the plethora of tools we put out.
But remember: we're an eSigning company first and foremost — you can eSign your documents, safely and securely, for free with us! So do check that out as well.
Once your document is edited, it'll be in your dashboard (if you want to keep it there). From there, it takes even fewer clicks to edit further, in case you have any alterations you want to make to it.