OnlyFans started in November 2016.
It’s an incredible business, despite the controversies that might surround it. It’s a company that’s been held 100% privately (although they did have intentions to raise capital) and, at this point, it’s not even required to survive.
Key OnlyFans Statistics
- OnlyFans is currently valued at ~$18 billion (8x more than in 2020)
- Currently, 190 million active users use OnlyFans (and 2.1 million of those are creators)
- OnlyFans has raised $0 in investments. That means they’re completely self-funded
- In 2018, the founder sold a 75% stake to Leonid Radvinsky. Great deal for both sides.
- Revenue has grown at a CAGR of 174.3% - insane**.**
- User growth rate: There’s been 1291.85% increase in user base between 2019 and 2021
OnlyFans Revenue and Profits
Given that it’s a UK-based company, every year, OnlyFans’ parent company releases financial statements.
Between 2020 and 2021, OnlyFans’ revenue increased by 220%. Revenue was $1.2 billion in 2021, compares to $375 million in 2020. That’s stellar growth by many standards.
OnlyFans revenue has grown at a CAGR of 174.3% over the past 3 years (2018-2021).
The most interesting thing is that OnlyFans is a 100% self-funded (bootstrapped) company. That means they haven’t taken any outside investment.
That wasn’t because they didn’t want to — investors simply do not want to touch this industry.
How much is OnlyFans worth (valuation)?
OnlyFans has not taken on any external funding, so its valuation will not be dictated by the amount at which they’ve raised, unlike other tech companies.
Given OnlyFans’ profile, its’ valuation multiple will likely be a EBITDA multiple of 15.
Source: calculated from revenue figures
OnlyFans Users Numbers
- 2017: 100,000 users
- 2018: 1 million users
- 2019: 13.5 million users, 348,000 content creators
- 2020: 82.3 million users, 1.6 million content creators
- 2021: 187.9 million users, 2.1 million content creators
Here’s a more detailed breakdown of the timeline of OnlyFans’ userbase size:
OnlyFans users statistics:
- 87% of users are male
- 10% of users are female
- 3% of users would rather not say their gender
How much do OnlyFans creators earn?
How much did creators earn on OnlyFans? In total, creators earned:
Other interesting stats about OnlyFans creators and earnings:
- 300+ creators earn $1M+ per year
- 16,000+ creators earn $50,000+ per year.
- The median account makes $180/mo. That means ~$140/mo after taxes
- Top 1% of the creators earn 33% of the income
- Top 10% of the creators earn 73% of the income
- The average OnlyFans subscription is $7.20. Out of that $5.76 is kept by the creator and $1.44 is kept by the platform
- The average OnlyFans account has 21 fans
Average OnlyFans Income: How much money does an average creator make?
OnlyFans never really gave out information on how much their creators earn on theplatform on average. However, based on the estimation of XSRUS, a median OnlyFans creator account make around $180/month in earnings before taxes.
That's far too small from what you hear in the news, isn't it? The truth is that only a handful people really earns a lot of cash in OnlyFans. The top 1% in the platform earns 33% of the total gross merchandise value while the top 10% earns 73% of it. In 2021, OnlyFans creators made $12.5 billion in gross merchandise volume. The top 1% OnlyFans creators earned $4.125 billion in gross merchandise value in 2021. The complete breakdown would be like this:
The average OnlyFans subscription costs around $7.20. Out of that $5.76 is kept by the creator and $1.44 is kept by the platform. Also, the average OnlyFans creator has around 21 fans. Aside from that, there are only 300 creators who earned more than $1 million on the platform in 2021.
Is OnlyFans available in every country?
OnlyFans isn’t yet available in all countries, but it is working in many countries, including:
- The Dominican Republic
OnlyFans isn’t, for instance, allowed in South Africa.
That said, OnlyFans boasts that they have fans from 187+ countries.
How old do you have to be to use OnlyFans?
Users and creators on OnlyFans must be 18+ in order to register on the platform.
OnlyFans site statistics
- OnlyFans has ~320 million monthly visits. That means OnlyFans gets around 3.84 billion visits per year.
- People spend, on average, 5 minutes and 15 seconds on OnlyFans.com
- People visit, on average 5.84 pages per visit, on OnlyFans
- OnlyFans is the 104th most popular website in the world
- OnlyFans is the 52nd most popular website in the US
As for traffic distribution:
- 55.39% of its visits come from direct links
- 18.27% come from referrals
- 12.04% come from search (Google + other search engines)
- 13.95% of visits come from social
- Out of its social media traffic, 63.74% OnlyFans visits come from Twitter, 14.47% come from Reddit, 11.48% come from Instagram, 6.44% come from YouTube
Most popular OnlyFans users
Highest paid OnlyFans creators
How does OnlyFans make money?
The OnlyFans business model is built on charging a commission per successful payment from fans. OnlyFans charges 20% of what creators earn.
Creators’ subscription prices vary: the minimum subscription price is $4.99/mo, while the maximum subscription price is $49.99/mo.
How do you make money on OnlyFans?
As a creator, you get to keep 80% of what you earn, as the platform takes a 20% cut of your revenue. You won’t need to “pay” anything per se, as OnlyFans
How much does OnlyFans take from fans & subscribers?
As noted above, OnlyFans earns 20% of the money a creator makes - on every payment.
In other words, if you earn $100 this month as a creator, OnlyFans gets $20 and you get $80.
Let’s see what that means in terms of top creators:
Who owns OnlyFans? (Founder information)
OnlyFans is owned by Leonid Radvinsky and Tim Stokely.
Radvinsky has a 75% stake in OnlyFans, while Stokely and his family have a 25% stake.
Assuming an $18 billion valuation, they are each worth (thanks to just OnlyFans):
- Leonid Radvinsky, OnlyFans Owner: $13.5 billion
- Tim Stokely + family, OnlyFans Owners: $4.5 billion
While this valuation is only applicable if OnlyFans is ever acquired, what we know for sure is that the Radvinsky has received payouts worth $500 million over 2021 and 2022.
What does the average OnlyFans user look like?
The average user of OnlyFans (meaning: the fans) is:
- 68.9% likely to be white
- 89.5% likely to be married
- 63.1% likely to be white
- 59% likely to be heterosexual.
- Has an average income of $42,000/yr
- 29 years old, on average
User distribution by country:
- 43.15% US users
- 5.95% UK users
- 4.99% Canadian users
- 3.36% Australian users
- 2.76% German users
Demographics: OnlyFans Users by Age
Here’s a full breakdown:
- 29.64% of OnlyFans active users accounts are people aged 18-24
- 31.25% of OnlyFans active users accounts are people aged 25-34
- 17.30% of OnlyFans active users accounts are people aged 35-44
- 10.70% of OnlyFans active users accounts are people aged 45-54
- 6.79% of OnlyFans active users accounts are people aged 55-64
- 4.33% of OnlyFans active users accounts are people aged 65+